FIND YOUR TWIN! Halloween edition
A fun and versatile game for your A1, A2 and B1 Students
STORY CARDSSPEAKING CARDSESLTEENS - INTERMEDIATE
FIND MY TWIN! HALLOWEEN EDITION!
Can be used as speaking cards in the classroom/online, question formation activity, basic tenses revision or even a writing assingment!
The set consists of:
- 30 unique cards of Halloween characters, each one with their unique name, daily routine, likes and dislikes!
- Cards are in a digital PDF (1 card per page), a printable PDF (2 cards per page - landscape) + 30 PNG files to be used in the classroom or online
- Teacher's notes
ABOUT THE GAME
Aims of the game:
- to be able to form Yes/No questions using present simple/past simple/present continuous structures
- to be able to answer questions using short answers
- to learn or review thematic vocabulary
- to have fun!
Rules of the game:
- print each card at least twice
- give each student one card
- make sure there are at least two students with the same card
- students are forbidden to show their cards!
- Ask students to walk around the classroom and ask each other questions
- only Y/N questions are allowed!
Does your character like cats?
Does your character wake up at 6 a.m.?
Is your character playing the piano now?
Did your character go to the pool yesterday?
- Gender pronouns are not recommended (makes it easier to guess)
- Open questions are not allowed (makes it easier to guess)
"What is your character doing now?" (WRONG)
- make sure your students use correct verb tenses
Use it also online:
Give one picture to each student and either put them in break-out rooms (in pairs or small groups) or ask them to use the private chat.
Assign it as homework:
Ask your students to write sentences based on the cards.
Removing the Handy English logo and re-uploading/selling the file is strictly forbidden.